Reduce Electricity Demand Costs
The Power Factor Correction Calculator estimates your power factor correction requirements and calculates your potential monthly saving and kVA improvement.
To calculate Power Factor Correction for your facility you will need the following:
- Existing maximum demand measured in kVA units
- Current kVA demand charge from your utility bill, in Rand value
- Average power factor (request from onsite maintenance)
- Desired target power factor (minimum 0.95 to 0.98)
- Active power (kW) drawn onsite